UMEC Application Process
Applications deadline has passed for 2019.
APGO members apply for UMEC through a competitive application and interview process. Applications are reviewed by the current chair and current UMEC members every other year in July. Following the ranking of applicants by the committee in July, the UMEC Chair will conduct personal interviews with the top five candidates to discuss their qualifications and interest. The UMEC Chair will submit a slate of the top three candidates to the APGO Board of Directors for review and approval in August.
All applications must include the following.
Combine all documents into one PDF before submitting.
- Letter of intent (2-page maximum) addressed to B. Star Hampton, MD, Chair, UMEC, that includes what you will bring to this committee
- Current curriculum vitae
- Teaching portfolio
- Letter of support from non-UMEC member using form letter template provided (Click here for fillable Word document)
- Letter of support from nominee’s department chair using form letter template provided (Click here for fillable Word document)
- Application deadline: June 10, 2019
- Application review: July
- Top five candidates interviewed by UMEC Chair: early August
- Slate of top three candidates submitted to the Board of Directors for review and approval
- Selected three members notified: Fall
- Term officially begins: March of following year
- First official meeting: July of following year