« Back to Search
No Blurry Lines: Creating A Clear Vision For LCME Accreditation Visits
Objective: The LCME accreditation process can be overwhelming. Early, thorough preparation is the key to a successful outcome. This workshop will describe tools and strategies for preparing your clerkship and avoiding common pitfalls. We will specifically discuss methods of improving communication and ensuring equivalent experiences in multi-site programs.
• Review of LCME preparation guidelines (5 min)
• Overview of identified LCME standard-related vulnerabilities (5 min)
• Individual identification of vulnerabilities using our checklist (15 min)
• Table discussion of vulnerabilities and shared experiences (15 min)
• Large group discussion of approaches to meet identified needs (20 min)
• Behavioral strategies to manage the visit (5 min)
• Suggestions for high yield talking points (5 min)
• Wrap up (5 min)
Interactive component: Using our checklist, small groups will identify potential vulnerabilities as they relate to pertinent LCME Standards. Participants will then share ideas and generate common themes in gap analysis. Individuals will have an opportunity to test their own knowledge of LCME standards and answer sample questions.
Take-home product: An outline of LCME accreditation visit needs and potential solutions will be provided and augmented by participants. Participants will also receive a summary high yield LCME talking points document from a recent successful visit.
Faculty Development Seminar, 2020, Clerkship Director, Clerkship Coordinator, Systems-Based Practice & Improvement, UME,