« Back to Search
All the Tweets Under the Sun: How to Shine on Twitter
On completion of this session, participants will:
• Describe the basics of Twitter, including vocabulary, etiquette & best practices
• Understand the purpose of and practical applications for using the Twitter platform
• Demonstrate how to engage with the Twitter community, including groups large and small, from the broader meded community, to the attendees of FDS
• Understand the importance of academic social media usage in the context of institutional social media guidelines including ways to collaborate with the Meded community, use Twitter for academic research, & teach medical learners.
: At start of the session, there will be Twitter vocab matching games on the table for participants to play/work on when they enter.
• We will define twitter-related vocabulary and basics of Twitter etiquette.
• Participants will download Twitter, sign-in, and create a handle. We will practice tweeting including how to add #, tag people, add images & links.
• Participants will follow each other & practice re-tweeting
• Address need to adhere to institutional social media guidelines
• Review concept of Twitter persona, personal vs professional Twitter accounts, and highlights for tweeting in #MedEdInteractive Component:
Participants will live-tweet the session. This serves as practice and a way to share the content of our session with other FDS attendees. The session will have its own hashtag; we will project a live feed of participants’ tweets during the session.
Take Home Product: Participants will leave with a Twitter account/handle and multiple followers, as well as new-found knowledge and skills in tweeting to disseminate medical-related topics.
Related APGO Publications/Modules:
Effective Preceptor Series, Online Mobile Apps
Advocacy, Public Health, CME, GME, Residency Director, Osteopathic Faculty, Clerkship Director, Faculty, Resident, Student, 2021, Faculty Development Seminar,