A Message from APGO President Meg Autry, MD
Dear Members and Friends:
APGO would not be where it is today without you. Thank you for your membership. As 2015 comes to a close, together we have a lot to reflect on and be proud of – and a lot to look forward to.
You may already know that APGO just completed a strategic planning process, a process that we undertake every 3-5 years to thoughtfully analyze our current programs and outline our roadmap for the next five years. With the help of many volunteers, we are excited to put our plans for you into motion in the coming months, as we refine the direction and nurture the growth of our Capstone and other worthy programs.
This year, we also developed the following Brand Promise that articulates our commitment to you:
We promise to provide our members exceptional experiences, a collaborative community, and essential resources that make you and your institution more successful.
Here are just a few of the programs and services we offered you in 2015:
- APGO Martin L. Stone, MD, Faculty Development Seminar (FDS)
- CREOG & APGO Annual Meeting
- Clerkship Directors’ School
- Academic Scholars and Leaders Program
- New – Surgical Education Scholars Program
- Medical Education Endowment Fund Grant Program
- International Scholarship to attend the FDS
- New – Residency Directory
- New – PrepforRes Knowledge Assessment Tool
- New – 47 Companion Videos, Logbook, Teaching Cases and interactive version of the 10th edition APGO Medical Student Educational Objectives
- Monthly e-Bulletin electronic newsletter
- APGO Apple Tree Blog
- New and Updated – Online Educational Modules
“Interactions with Industry: A Medical Student Guide”
“Contraception: Patient Counseling and Management”
- APGO’s First Educational Supplement to the “Green Journal”
- New – The APGO LEAP Virtual School
As a non-profit association, we depend on our membership to help sustain these programs. Show your support by making a donation. Make a difference today. These programs, and more in our pipeline, will help keep you in the forefront of women’s health care education. But we need your help.
Donate now because it is personally meaningful to you – choose the APGO Martin L. Stone, MD, Faculty Development Seminar, the International Scholarship Program, the Capstone Programs (FDS, CD School, ASL, SES), Medical Student and Resident Outreach, or to the unrestricted fund to help APGO cover any unanticipated expenses for our programs. Contribute by registering for our Annual Events: the 5K Suds Run & Walk in January at the FDS and the Networking Reception & Fundraiser in March at the Annual Meeting. Get together with your friends and colleagues and make a donation as a group in the name of your group. You also have the option to gift stock, securities, endow a program, and make a planned gift for the future. No gift is too small.
Thank you for your generosity. We wish you a peaceful and happy holiday season and a successful 2016.
Meg Autry, MD