Objective: There is significant variability in the quality and quantity of faculty assessments. We created a faculty assessment dashboard to identify struggling faculty and help them improve their assessments.
Upon completion of this session, participants will:
1. Understand how assessment data can be utilized to improve individual faculty assessments
2. Create faculty development strategies that identify and support struggling faculty members
3. Consider how a faculty assessment digital dashboard could be adapted within your clerkship
Methods: - Intro/background- (15 mins) Introduce the workplace based assessment tool to demonstrate the faculty assessment dashboard.
- Small group session- (30 min)
Each group analyzes mock faculty profiles to determine how the quality of their assessments could improve and develop strategies to support the individual faculty. They will also be asked to consider how a similar type of dashboard may be used at home institutions for faculty development.
-Large Group discussion (20 min) Groups reconvene to share lessons learned in small groups.
- Wrap-up with Q&A (10 min) Share ideas and review take home points.
Results: Using small and large group discussion formats, participants will review visualization of faculty assessment metrics in a digital dashboard.
Conclusion/ Discussion: Creative ways to collect faculty assessments like this mobile app tool creates a faculty dashboard allowing for specific metrics to be evaluated to learn more about the way faculty return information to medical students. Faculty development can be targeted to specific metrics to improve student feedback.
Topics: Faculty Development Seminar, 2023, Clerkship Director, Clerkship Coordinator, Osteopathic Faculty, UME, Faculty Development,